What makes your child special? What are the things you love about him/her? It’s likely you can think of countless reasons. I know I can. But, how often do you tell them those reasons?
Sadly, I don’t often enough. My kids hear “I love you” more than they’d probably like. However, I don’t stop to say what specifically I love about them as much. We should tell our children everyday something we love about them. Tell them not just that we love them, but why.
Our house is taking advantage of the “Holiday Of Love” coming up to tell our children what we love about them. Counting down to Valentine’s day, they wake up to find a new heart on their door naming something special about them; something we love about them. They came home last night to find “We Love You” on their doors and this morning arose to find their first heart.
Of course, you can simply tell them everyday and it would be just as awesome. If you want create the doors I did though, I share how to create the Candy Heart door below. Click here to see how we created the Hanging Hearts Door.
By hand or using your Cricut machine, cut out:
– 14 same sized hearts (Paisley: Heart Flower) in candy heart colors
– 14 hearts the same size as above, but with 14 things you love about your child inside of each (Font: Arial)
– 1 larger heart in color of choice
– 1 heart the same size as above in an alternate color with “LUV” or “LOVE” inside (Font: Arial)
– letters (Font: Arial) W.e,U,! in color of choice
– letters (Font: Arial) W.e,U,! in alternate colore and cut 1/2″ smaller than letters above
– hearts with letters cut on top of full hearts (mix colors as desired)
– day 14 heart onto a doily
– large “LUV” heart onto large full heart
– smaller letters onto matching larger letters
Tape your letters and “LUV” heart onto your child’s bedroom door.
Tape one heart on door each day from February 1 – February 13. On February 14, tape the heart doily below the line of hearts.
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are those of the writer and are in no way influenced by companies or brands mentioned within. Post and page may contain affiliate links and advertising. Thank you for clicking through them! It helps keep 4 The Love Of Family here for you
Countdown To Valentine’s Day Candy Hearts Door