Did You Know?
Monster Jam Fast Facts
Monster Truck Facts
Height – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
Width – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
Length – Approximately 20’ / 6 Meters
Weight – 10,000 lbs / 4500 Kilograms
Tire Size – 66”/ 167cm / 1.7 Meters X 43”/ 109cm / 1 meter on a 25” / 63.5 cm Tall Wheel
Motor Type – Supercharged Fuel Injected Big Block American V8
Motor Size – less than 575 cubic Inches / 9.4 Litres displacement
Horsepower – 1350 – 2000+
Top Speed – 70 stocktickerMPH/113 KM/H, Monster trucks are equipped with tachometers which measure the working speed of an engine versus speedometers which measure vehicle speed
Suspension Travel – 20-32” Fully adjustable Nitrogen or Coilovers
Chassis – Custom Steel minimum of 8 points that attached to main chassis
Body – Fiberglass Composite with Lexan Windshield
Fuel Capacity – 22 Gallon/ 83 Litre Fuel Cell
Fuel Type – 99.9% Methanol (Alcohol)
Fuel Economy – 7 Gallons per Mile/17 Litres per Kilometer
50+ point safety inspection before each show
Remote Ignition Interrupter (RII), Track Officials can shut a truck off at any time
On Board Fire Extinguisher System
5 Point Racing Harness
Fire Resistant Suit, Shoes, Gloves and Racing Helmet
Transport Trailer (loaded) – 62,000 lbs / 28,000 Kilograms
About Monster Jam Events:
* At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in two different forms of competition — side-by-side racing and freestyle:
– Side-by-side racing – traditional bracket racing, where the first truck, with the least amount of penalties, crosses the finish line is declared the winner.
– Freestyle competition – allows drivers a limited amount of time on the open floor to show off their skills. In this category, the fans serve as the judges.
* 2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
* More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
* The World Finals in CityplaceLas Vegas, StateNV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
* A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles / 72,400 kilometers a year by land to attend events.
* Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
* Steel body full-size cars are the vehicles typically crushed during a monster truck event.
– Cars, as well as vans, buses, motor homes, airplanes and ambulances, are attained from local junkyards and returned after each event.
– Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are those of the writer and are in no way influenced by companies or brands mentioned within. Monster Jam and Feld Entertaiment logos, images and products are owned and copyrighted by them. All rights and credit belong to them on original images used within. Post and page may contain affiliate links and advertising. Thank you for clicking through them! It helps keep 4 The Love Of Family here for you