Also check out our Wild Kratts holiday gift guides:
This is just the first in a series of Kratt Brothers (aka Wild Kratts) posts we will be bringing you over the next six months! Stay closely tuned for Wild Kratt books, live tour information (Yep! You read that correctly- LIVE TOUR!) and an interview with the Kratt Brothers themselves! That’s right! Chris and Martin have agreed to answer our questions and we will be bringing them straight to you. We couldn’t be more excited to share the awesomeness that is the Kratt Brothers with you!!
WILD KRATTS Toys Are At Toys R Us!
Review & Giveaway #ActivateCreaturePower
We asked, we begged, we RECEIVED! Wild Kratts toys are here and on Toys R Us shelves (see bottom of post for complete line).
Within months of the late 2010 release of the PBSKids hit children’s series, Wild Kratts, parents were desperate for ways to recreate the show’s awesomeness with their children. Although the uber creative DIY Creature Power Vests, party ideas, etc on Pinerest were more than impressive, kids wanted to bring the Kratt brothers into their everyday creature explorations.
With the launch of the toy line, 4 The Love Of Family (previously Parenting Beyond) was given the opportunity to try out some of the toys. I had great plans to share with you why the new line of Wild Kratts toys is a must have for your fan’s collection. However, before I could, my kids showed me why they are so great.
When you have Wild Kratts toys around…
1. Your backyard instantly becomes an animal
junction, err.. playground.
Mom’s Note: The plush are smaller (about 6”) and perfect for kids’ hands. They are actual characters from the shows (ie, Grabsy, Little Howler, etc)
2. Martin and Chris can clone themselves, alligators can fly and insects are as big as pythons.
Mom’s Note: The figures are about 3” tall and thick. These are one of my toy line favorites as you have the creature, the disc, and MK or CK in the coordinating Creature Power Suit:
3. Creatures play tricks on the brothers. -As if this scene isn’t blatantly obvious on it’s own, Chris and Martin (along with their clones) have fallen asleep and all the animals
painted their faces with spots and stripes…oh, wait… activated their creature power suits.
4. Kids are proud to show their creature knowledge. -Notice above, “..the cheetah is the last to activate a Creature Power Suit. Normally, cheetahs are the fastest, but only for a short time. This cheetah just finished chasing his prey so he is worn out.”
5. The kids are super cute (not that they need Wild Kratts toys for this 🙂 )! – Talking to plush Chris about plastic Chris, “Hey look! It’s you!”
6. Kids get to be smarter than the toy creators. -Our Createrra came with Chris. However, that was a problem because, “Chris usually doesn’t drive. Martin does. And he usually drives on the opposite side so they need to make this steering wheel movable. What happens if we leave the country?” Valid point. Take note Kratt brothers = movable steering wheel.
Mom’s Note: The Createrra has the perfect amount of space in the back for transporting Creature Power Discs. Within seconds of it being out of the box though, my 2 year old had pulled the door off. It popped right back on and maybe next time we’ll follow the “3 and up” suggestion.
7. The fun is never ending. -Even when you need to take a creature adventuring break, Chris and Martin are there for tea. Did you know one of the cheetah’s powers is the ability to hold a tea cup with it’s tail? I honestly did not know that.
Mom’s Note: To activate “talking” on the plush, press the chest area. The voices sound to be the brothers’ real voices.
Mom’s Note: I had long wondered what they would come up with for the Creature Pod and I’m not disappointed. The thick velcro straps onto your child’s wrist (it will fit over the gloves to the Creature Power Suits). At the push of a button, the top disc lights up and projects one of multiple images. To change images, just turn the disc.
9. But the very best thing about having Wild Kratts toys around is that with Creature Power Suits and Creature Pods, you actually get to be the
creature Kratt Brothers ( okay, that was the last...maybe).
Mom’s note: The power suits seem strong and of good material. The adjustability covers a large range. My youngest wears a size 24 months (it was big on her) and my oldest a size 8. It fit him snug w/o adjusting both sides of the suit. I love the clear pocket on the front (and one on a glove) to activate and store the Creature Power Discs (another toy line favorite).
Prize: 1 lucky winner will receive a Creature Power Vest, 4 pack Creature Set, and a plush animal. Specific sets and color will be chosen by Wild Kratts. Prize includes shipping. The winner’s name and mailing address will be forwarded to Wild Kratts upon notification. It is Wild Kratts’s responsibility to fulfill. Running Time: This giveaway starts on October 2, 2014 at 12:00am and ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 15, 2014. Winner: A winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter . If we are able to verify the entry (ie, Tweets, FB sharing, etc) the winner will be contacted via email by 11:59pm, October 17, 2014. The winner has 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not reply within that time, another name will be chosen. Details: Prize open to US and Canada only.
Good Luck &
“Keep On Creature Adventuring”!
Disclaimer: This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 15, 2014. Products for review were provided to the blogger by the Kratt Brothers Company. All opinions expressed are those of the blogger and not influnced by companies or products mentioned within. Bloggers are not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. Post may contain affiliate links.