With Spring comes a newness of life, bright colors, and an energy to “do” whatever it is you love to do. For us, one thing we love to do is create. When the warmer air arrived recently, so did our dose of extra creative energy. The result was these brightly colored eggs celebrating both Easter and that newness of life.
Colored Tissue Paper
Bowl for Glue
1. Cut tissue paper into 1″ squares. Set aside.
2. Blow up water balloons to a small egg shape and set aside.
3. Mix about 1/4 cup white glue with 1 teaspoon of water to mix well. You just want to thin the glue a bit so it can be painted onto the balloon.
4. Hanging onto the knot of the balloon, use a small paint brush to paint white glue onto the balloon. Attach tissue paper squares and cover with another coat of white glue. Repeat until you cover the entire balloon with three layers of tissue paper. Let Dry Completely.
Notes: Three layers of tissue paper is a minimum. Otherwise when you cut/pop the balloon the tissue paper will suck in or implode inside itself.
5. I found it easiest to do the bottoms, let them dry completely and then do the end with the knot.
6. Once dry, use scissors to cut the balloon at the knot. Do not cut the knot off, just create a hole so the air can escape. Hang onto the balloon or it will suck itself inside. When completely deflated gently pull out to remove.
7. (optional) At this stage you could fill with candy if desired.
8. Apply glue to the open end and affix tissue paper to close up the egg. Set aside to dry.
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are those of the writer and are in no way influenced by companies or brands mentioned within. All rights and credit belong to owners on original images used within. Post and page may contain affiliate links and advertising. Thank you for clicking through them! It helps keep 4 The Love Of Family here for you
Paper Mache Spring Easter Eggs Kid’s Craft
[…] creating them. Years later, I finally got my act together and they did have a blast! Similar to the Paper Mache Eggs made last year, but completely different. While you have the balloons out and are covered in glue, […]