One of the many highlights of Beaches Resorts is their ALL-INCLUSIVE, regional, gourmet cuisine from around the world. All of their cuisine is prepared with only the finest ingredients by master chefs. During our visit to Beaches, some of our group had the opportunity to work with these chefs on an up close and personal level. What an experience they had! Months later, they still rave about this unique, #DiscoveryDining opportunity! This Jamaican Rice and Peas recipe is just one of the masterpieces the Beaches’ chefs shared. Try it with your family and see if it doesn’t transport you right into the Caribbean.
- 1 can (19oz) Kidney beans, including liquid
- 1 can (14 oz) Coconut milk
- Water (approx 1-2/3 cups)
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Small onion or 2 stalks scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1½ to 2 tsp Salt, to taste
- 2 cups Long grain rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Drain the liquid from the can of beans into a measuring cup and
- add the can of coconut milk and enough water to make four cups of liquid
- 2. Add liquid, beans, garlic, chopped onion and thyme to large pot
- 3. Add salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Add rice and boil on High for 2 minutes.
- 5. Turn heat to Low, and cook covered until all water is absorbed (about 15 to 20 min).
- 6. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 Servings
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are those of the writer and are in no way influenced by companies or brands mentioned within. Post and page may contain affiliate links and advertising. Thank you for clicking through them! It helps keep 4 The Love Of Family here for you
Beaches Resorts’ Jamaican Rice and Peas (Beans)
Love it? Share it! 🙂
Leave a Reply