1. Blow up the water balloons, knot and set aside.
2. Cut pieces of yarn about 18-24″ in length. I used about 5-6 pieces per egg. Set aside.
3. In a shallow dish, mix about 1/4 cup glue with 1 teaspoon water. Stir well. Place one strand of yarn into the dish and cover it with glue. Remove it from the dish and thread it between two fingers to remove excess glue.
Note: Be sure not to squeeze the glue out. Just remove the excess so it’s not dripping off when it’s pulled out of the dish.
4. Carefully wrap the yarn around the balloon, cris-crossing and tucking the ends under. Repeat until the egg is covered as desired.
5. Set aside (cookie sheet or glass plate works well) to dry completely. This will most likely be overnight. Rotate the eggs every so often to dry evenly.
6. Repeat with remaining eggs and colored yarn.
8. (optional) Sneak a cute chick or other surprise in when eggs are ready.
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are those of the writer and are in no way influenced by companies or brands mentioned within. All rights and credit belong to owners on original images used within. Post and page may contain affiliate links and advertising. Thank you for clicking through them! It helps keep 4 The Love Of Family here for you
Yarn Eggs Kid’s Craft
Leave a Reply